Back to Jobs

Discipleship and Small Group Team Leader

Waypoint Church

https://www.waypointchurch.org.uk/

Closing date: Fri 24 January 2020

pauline.griffiths@waypointchurch.org.uk
01489 579669

Waypoint Church

Location: Fareham, Hampshire
Job Type: Team Leader
Full time or part time
Salary: £25000-£28000 pro rata
Company: Waypoint Church
Waypoint Church is a vibrant multi-generational church at the heart of our local community helping people to encounter and follow Jesus as they navigate life.
We have recently moved into a significantly larger church facility and seek to add to the staff team a person who will help us build a community where people can find a place to belong and grow in their faith journey. This person will oversee and develop discipleship and small groups – ensuring Jesus’ call to go and make disciples remains at the core of who we are.
The ideal person for this role is:
• A passionate Jesus follower, with a disciplined spiritual life
• An enthusiastic lover of people and life with a great sense of humour
• A disciple maker
• Excited to oversee and develop the church’s small groups (presently 28 groups) and other community and faith building strategies
• A strategic leader, investing in individuals and able to cast vision for the Small Group ministry and put it into action
• A proven team builder and player
• A skilled communicator
• Agree with the Evangelical Alliance statement of faith
We are offering …
• Space to grow and develop
• Support from an established leadership and staff team
• 5 weeks holiday pro rata
The role of Discipleship and Small Groups Team Leader is offered as either a full time or part time position. On a part time basis, the role would solely focus on the discipleship and small/community groups element. On a full time basis, approximately 75% of the successful applicant’s time would be spent on developing discipleship and small group community building, and the remaining 25% is flexible and can be developed around your own gifting. You might be a strong teacher, a social media fanatic, a prayer warrior, or an effervescent evangelist. Please tell us (via your application) about your passion and gifting and how it could enhance our team.

Waypoint Church Job description

Waypoint Church Profile

For a full information pack to apply for this position contact Pauline Griffiths (Office Manager):
Waypoint Church,
255 Hunts Pond Road, Titchfield Common, Fareham, Hampshire, PO14 4PG.
Tel: 01489 579669 or Email: pauline.griffiths@waypointchurch.org.uk
Closing Date: 24 January 2020

This job was posted on 19 December 2019.