Thanks to everyone who joined us on Thursday September 20 at St Michael le Belfry, York – and especially our guest, Ian Parkinson, Director of New Wine North and East.
Days like this are at the heart of Fresh Streams. We believe the Lord has been leading us to make a call for Fresh Streams to gather both regionally and nationally to pray and fast, coming together and intentionally crying out to God.
We fast as a spiritual discipline, on this one day putting our need for God’s presence above our need for food! We want to be a people hungry for God, coming together for the Kingdom: a Word and Spirit encounter with God that leads to engagement with the world.
We are hoping to gather leaders from across England from within Fresh Streams, New Wine and other denominations and networks.
We see these times of gathering to be times of…
- Encounter with God and with one another
- With time for mutual encouragement / praying for one another / hearing good news stories of what God is doing
- Standing together in Spirit-led worship and prayer for the church and nation(s)
- Listening to both Word and the Spirit, including the prophetic
- An encounter with God that leads to our engagement with the world
Check out our full list of dates in 2013.