We had a great time at Rising Brook Baptist Church, with special guest Mark Bailey, Director of New Wine Central and South West.
About 40 church leaders gathered to seek God and cry out to him. Mark spoke about dealing with fear and frustration in ministry, and challenged those present to be willing to be risk-takers for the Kingdom.
Days like this are at the heart of Fresh Streams. We believe the Lord has been leading us to make a call for Fresh Streams to gather both regionally and nationally to pray and fast, coming together and intentionally crying out to God.
We fast as a spiritual discipline, on this one day putting our need for God’s presence above our need for food! We want to be a people hungry for God, coming together for the Kingdom: a Word and Spirit encounter with God that leads to engagement with the world.
The day was led by members of the Fresh Streams leadership team, with worship led by Duncan Akehurst and input from guest speaker Mark Bailey.
We are hoping to gather leaders from across the England from within Fresh Streams, New Wine and other denominations and networks.
We see these times of gathering to be times of…
- Encounter with God and with one another
- With time for mutual encouragement / praying for one another / hearing good news stories of what God is doing
- Standing together in Spirit-led worship and prayer for the church and nation(s)
- Listening to both Word and the Spirit, including the prophetic
- An encounter with God that leads to our engagement with the world
Please join us! The next prayer and fasting day will be at York on Thursday 20 September.